Saturday 9 July 2016

Song Challenge #1

Song Challenge #1 Blog

When I opened the email containing the challenge, it wasn't anything like I imagined.  We all start out learning 3 chords, so to be limited to only 2 chords was something I had never done before.

Many years ago when I was trying to learn bar chords, I would try and give up, try again and give up.   I made excuses that I couldn't do it because my fingers were too short etc.    Then one day, I began to say to myself, "If anyone can do this, I can do this".  From that time on, I began to be successful.

When I read the song writing challenge, The words, "I can do this" came to my mind and I just spontaneously began singing chorus.

When I sat down with my guitar, I was surprised that I was actually singing in A minor and the E minor chord just happened to fit with it.

The inspiration for the verses came from my helping my son with his math homework.

Here is the link.

https://soundcloud.com/user-329357000/i-can-do-this-sac-challenge-1

No comments:

Post a Comment